Thank you for your interest! Adopting a dog can be one of life's most rewarding experiences.
To adopt one of our dogs the following steps must take place:
- Fill out our online application - When filling out the application, please provide as much information as possible about yourself, your family and your current pets.
- Landlord Check (Renter's Only) - If you rent, we'll need to make sure that your building allows dogs.
- Vet Check - We will be calling your current and/or previous veterinarian to ensure you have been a responsible pet owner.
- Phone Interview - One of our volunteers will call to get to know you a little bit and see what your needs are.
- Home Visit - One of our volunteers will visit your home to ensure that your home is a happy and safe place for a dog. The purpose is to meet you and your family in person and to be sure that everyone is ready for a dog. ALL family members must be present for the home visit.
- Status Notification - We’ll contact you to let you know the status of your application. If you are approved, we can discuss our dogs and find the best match for you and your family.
- Contract & Fees - Once you’ve settled on a dog, arrangements will be made to unite you and your dog. At this time the contract will be signed and the adoption fee paid.
There are many expenses in rescuing dogs. Some of the things adoption fees help with include dog transports, vaccines, spay/neutering, other medical expenses, and kenneling. But most of all, adoption fees allow us to continue saving dogs.
----Mixed breeds $450
----Pure Breeds $550
If you are interested in adopting, please fill out the Adoption Application and someone from Ruff Start Rescue will contact you. Thank you again!