Thank you for your interest! Fostering a dog can be an extremely rewarding experience. If you're thinking of adopting you can think of this as your dry run. It also prepares our dogs for their future, loving homes.
To foster one of our dogs the following steps must take place:
- Fill out our online application - When filling out the application, please provide as much information as possible about yourself, your family and your current pets.
- Landlord Check (Renter's Only) - If you rent, we'll need to make sure that your building allows dogs.
- Vet Check - We will be calling your current and/or previous veterinarian to ensure you have been a responsible pet owner.
- Phone Interview - One of our volunteers will call to get to know you a little bit and see what your needs are.
- Home Visit - One of our volunteers will visit your home to ensure that your home is a happy and safe place for a foster dog. The purpose is to meet you and your family in person and to be sure that everyone is ready for a foster dog. ALL family members must be present for the home visit.
- Status Notification - We’ll contact you to let you know the status of your application. If you are approved, we can discuss our dogs and find he best match for you and your family.
If you are interested in fostering, please fill out the Foster Application and someone from Ruff Start Rescue will contact you. Thank you again!